- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

ايرن في امريكا

So right now I'm in the Atlanta airport, and despite feeling so sad about leaving this morning, I'm now feel almost empty. It's starting to really sink in that the amazing people I spent the last 6 weeks with are all on their way home, or already home, or about to head someplace new and I have no idea when I'll see them again. I also can't quite believe that I won't see all the Tunisians again until probably never unless I go back to Tunisia--which I'm seriously considering interning at AMIDEAST this next summer so that I have that opportunity--but we'll see.

Also. I figure its about time for me to add in some photos again.

Here's some of us in Kerkuan after the tour of the ruins

And while the second group toured a few of us opted just to enjoy the view and chat

My friend Noelle and I with some Tunisian students after a discussion group


This one's from before we left tunis--but It's a group of us at Bar Jamaica. You can't tell from the photo, but it's a rooftop bar that overlooks Bourgiba Street in Tunis


Sorry there really is no order at all to these---Heres a dorm photo of a few of us at the all purpose birthday celebration.

This is part of the colosseum in El Djem where we saw a Ray Charles impersonator concert--it was odd. I still haven't decided if it was good or not, but the view and the area was amazing

A group of us went to a restaurant in Mahdia and the view [if you can see it behind us] was absolutely amazing.

Ok. So important piece of info. In Tunisia--for whatever reason--shirts with random slightly strange english phrases are SUPER popular. One of our favorites was the classic 'wild for the night' shirt--featured below.

This is actually on top of a shop we went to in the Medina in Tunis

So while the bathrooms, most trains, busses, louages, streets, etc. have no ac and are completely more or less trashed--the train we took to Tunis [which was a mere 7.2 dinar round trip] absolutely spectacular, with one of the best ac's in all of Tunisia.

So. The govt decided to film part of lvn so we thought we'd watch it live in our hotel in Mahdia--naturally it was a shakshooka and we handball ended up being played instead--but we managed to enjoy the handball game all the same.
So Dane's kind of creeping--but here's a group of the girls after our 'graduation' of LVN 1

Group photo--There are a few brits/scotts, and a tunisian in the photo, but for the most part this is the group of people I spent the last 6 weeks with and they are all absolutely amazing

B'slema Tunisia! Aslema America


No comments:

Post a Comment