- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Monday, July 6, 2009

اسلاما ياهمامة

So I'm back from the south. For those who feel like checking out the background map I ventured to Kairouan, Touzer, Douz, Tatuine [the location for some starwars scenes], Matamata, and Djerba Island.

All was fun, minus it being EXTREMELY hot as we went south and not having air-conditioning in the land rover I was in on the way down. Listened to some awesome tunisian music when I got to ride in a different car. Rode a camel [جمل] which was fun, and visited lots of old roman ruins. Saw an OLD synagogue and some OLD mosques as well, and even met some berbers. Also managed to get my first sunburn of the trip but its barely noticeable and just on my face, so not too bad.

Anywho, off to go write another paper.

B'slema!

No comments:

Post a Comment